Monday, November 17, 2008

blog five

Dear friend,

So I was having a really bad day because I was stressed about a lot of things and I just was in one of those weird moods. At times when I am just really bummed about who knows what I try to remember all the wonderful times that I’ve spent with my best friend Josh. Whenever I am sad I try to remember things like the time Josh knew every word to the Celine Dion CD and he danced around his room trying to make me laugh. I remember the day after we had a fight, where josh left flowers and a card in my car that said I meant the world to him and that he was sorry for fighting. I still look at that card every time I am feeling down. This helps me to realize how special I am to someone, and how I can brighten up there day just like they do mine. Whenever I have a terrible day I think about the time I came back from helping my parents move, and how I didn’t get to see Josh for three weeks, and he was at the airport waiting for me to arrive. I think about how happy I was to be seeing him and to be next to him again. I think about the time where I had the words “you’re sweet” written in sugar packets on one of the tables in the restaurant I work at. At that same restaurant I have the memory where Josh gave flowers to the ladies sitting at one of the tables I was serving, to give to me. These special times that I have with Josh help me through those times where nothing seems to go right. The times I just feel like crying seem not so bad when I think about all these times that make my life special. So, to you friend, whenever you feel like crying, think of those special times that you have to make you feel better!

From the time that my family moved, I seemed to get closer and closer with them, even though they were farther away. This bonding continued more and more with my brother and I as time went on. I thought that my whole family moving away was a tragedy indeed. When my brother came back to Colorado to visit not too long ago, we really did get closer. My brother told me about all the things that were happening with my parents that they would always leave out when I talked to them. I got closer to my brother as the stories of my parents fighting became more and more real. As my brother told me about his new job and the new people he was meeting, I felt closer to him that I ever had. We chatted over dinner and I heard all about my family’s new life. I felt like I was more involved in what my family was doing, and I worried less about how they were. Since my brother left, he has texted me and kept me up to date on the newest things happening in my family’s life. My brother and I are definitely closer since he moved away, and the time we get to spend together is more valuable than it was when he lived in the same state.

Dance has always been my way of not dealing with the issues I have of the worries I face. I have always stayed away from drugs or any other addicting substance; however dance seemed to be just as addictive. When I found out that my friend had cancer I couldn’t think of anything else. My dance teacher could tell that something was bothering me and she told me to “put all of my emotion into my dancing”. Since that time I realized that no matter how upset or stressed I was about something I could always rely on dance to clear my head. When I was going through anything, whether it was being pissed off at my parents, having arguments with my friends, have homework up the ass, or just having a bad day, dance was there to help me through it. Dance gave me the time I needed to relax and take a deep breath. It calmed my nerves and gave me time to think. Ever since I have been dancing, this was a productive way to deal with hardships in my life. So, when you think about it dance was addictive, and I think that might be just as bad as being addictive to something like cigarettes. It may not be as bad for your health, but what happens when dance is over? How will I be able to deal with my stresses and my problems then? Maybe you have the answers.
Love always,
Dana C

No comments: